Applications of Trex CVC™ Silicon Carbide Products
Trex's CVC SiC products, fabricated utilizing its patented CVC™ technology, are rapidly gaining acceptance in a number of high value added applications within the DoD and industry.
- CVC™ Semiconductor wafer processing equipment, especially etch where the material has demonstrated superior etch resistance
- Mirrors and optics (up to 1.5 meter)
- Nuclear fuel rod cladding
- Components for high temperature (up to 3600°F) applications/environments. Trex CVC SiC outperforms other silicon carbides by more than 1000°F.
- Ballistic applications
- CVC™ wafer processing components
Trex Advanced Materials: The Result
|CVD SiC scale bar = 15 mm
||Trex CVC SiC scale bar = 15 mm
Trex Proprietary CVC SiC is Free of Intrinsic Stress Resulting In:
- Uniform microstructure with uniform thermal performance across all axes
- Faster growth rate (about 5x CVD)
- High yields (nearly 100%)
- Ability to deposit complex shapes and structures
- Large size and thick parts
For Advanced Materials specifications Click here.
If you would like an estimate for your project, please email your drawing to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to: (808) 245-7246. If you would like to speak to a Trex Advanced Materials Representative about your project, please call 808-245-6465 and we will be glad to assist you.